Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Back on Track Month

Since my post on monday declaring November "Back on Track" Month, I think I've been doing an alright job :)

Monday was a little tricky as I was super tired that day. And when I'm tired, I tend to snack, alot. But instead of snacking meaninglessly, I tried to think about what I was reaaaly craving and ate that instead. i.e. nachos for dinner. As anyone who lived with me throughout college knows, I ABSOLUTELY cannot have tostitos in the house becuase I will continue to make plate after plate of chips and cheese. they are just too good to not go back for.

To make this guilty pleasure of mine a little bit healthier, I opted for Stacy's multi-grain pita chips with some spicy jack cheese, black beans and a crumbled veggie burger on top. So good and hit the craving on the spot!

Yesterday I had one of my bootcamp classes in central park with Ariane Hundt. The woman kicked my butt, and it was great. For breakfast I tried this new thing that is apparently taking the blogging/health world by storm, the Fitnessista Cookie.


This cookie included 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 scoop of Soy Chocolate Protein Powder, 1 Tbls Almond butter, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup organic raisins. I mixed everything together and added some cinnamon to taste. Then just formed it into a cookie shape and stuffed it in the fridge the night before. It served as a great breakfast and kept me full the rest of the day!

I've realized that getting my morning off to a good start definitely sets the tone that I keep for the rest of the day. Does this happen to anyone else?



Also, to add to my back on track month plan, I purchased another groupon for 10 pilates classes for only $45! Seriously, this website is gold for someone looking to get back in shape and stay healthy, on a budget.

Until later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment