Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Dining Room

Hey there readers! Happy saturday - and seriously what a gorgeous one it is. I'm about to hop on a train back to CT for easter with the family so I'm going to make this quick but since the internet is hit or miss at mi casa I figured I had to squeeze in one fabulous restaurant review!
This morning I went to The Dining Room in Hoboken for brunch, which is a part of Anthony Davids located on Bloomfield and 10th (if you are familiar with the area). This place was recommended by a friend who considers himself to be an avid 'bruncher" and said that this was seriously the best. And ladies and gentleman, I can confirm that it was indeed the best. I ordered two poached eggs with bacon and whole wheat toast and my friend there ordered a steak and eggs (as per the waitress' recommendation). To top it off, like we hadn't had enough, we figured we just HAD to order the thing that Anthony David's is famous for - the bourbon doughnuts.
I can't remember the last time I had a doughnut - let alone bourbon - but they had this amazingly distinct yet not overpowering bourbon glaze covering the crispy outside and warm doughy center. They were, I will have to say, out of this world. Mmm Mmm.





1 comment: