Friday, April 16, 2010

Ah - Mazing [Grass]


There is some thing so exciting and tempting about Fridays. The idea that it is almost the weekend, but you still have a little bit of suspense about finishing the day and what is in store. I love it! - well, I would love it a little bit more if it was Friday at 5 instead of Friday at 10, but oh well; it's 5o'clock somewhere!

I had an exciting week what with traveling to Boston again, buying new running shoes, two work happy hours, AND the most exciting part was receiving a shipment of Samples from Amazing Grass! I had been e-mailing back and forth with the lovely Teri and her shipment of goodies got to me on Wednesday - what a highlight! Amazing Grass is this "Amazing" (pun intended) company that really just helps people get the most out of their daily nutrition by making it simpler! They have a variety of products, all in different flavors, but all of them jam-packed with protein, antioxidents, and vitamins galore.
There is so much inside:

organic wheat grass, green superfood powder, berry superfood powder in acai and goji flavors, even Kidz Superfood samples in Chocolate (can't wait for that one!), and some protein bars.
I immediately set out to make my favorite breakfast, besides my beloved oatmeal of course - a smoothie!
The one that caught my attention immediately was the Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango Infusion. This superfood is a combo of plant based protein, phytonutrient rich fruits and veggies, digestive enzymes and probiotics. All of which you can get more information about at their website. Each serving has 110 calories, 10 g of Protein (!!!), 13g of carbohydrates, and a ton of whole food ingredients.

I had a bunch of other fruit so into this smoothie went:
1 C skim milk
1 packet of Amazing meal pomegranate mango infusion
~1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
some icecubes for a nice chill
Liqufied and poured into a transportable cup it made the perfect breakfast to walk to work with!
Overall the taste was great! I think in general pomegranate has a very faint taste but you could definitely taste a hint of the mango. In the future I will probably choose less overbearing fruit (such as bananas and blueberries) and maybe add some frozen mango to really add the wowza! factor to this bad boy but still, I finished it in about 10 minutes - oops...

Stay tuned for more reviews of Amazing grass and all that it has to offer :)


In other blogger news, Check out Chelsea's site for a Barney Butter give-away!

No comments:

Post a Comment