Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rainy Day [Saturday]






It was pouring today but I went for a walk anyways...and I came across the cutest apartment! On the east side, right across from this fabulous Vegan restaurant Angelica's Kitchen. I want to live hereee

It has a white picket fence! haha
I kept walking and when I got to Union Square I found...
It is awesome! I'm taking my mom here tomorrow...





When I got home I was in a seriously festive mood, so I decided to bake a pumpkin pie! Because I have what I like to call a sweet tooth, but what some others might call overindulgence, I tried to make this a "healthier" version of pumpkin pie.  
Pumpkin Pie

Spelt Crust
1 1/2 cups Spelt Flour
1/2 tbs kosher salt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup organic milk

Pumpkin Filling
1 can of pumpkin
2 eggs
8 packets of splenda
1/2 tbs ginger
1/2 tbs kosher salt
1 tbs cinnamon
3/4 cup organic milk

For the crust: mix all ingredients together and put into a pie tin and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
For the filling: Mix together sugar, ginger, salt, and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat together two eggs in a large bowl and then add in the pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually add in milk. Fill the crust and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn the oven down to 350 for 40 minutes (or until fork comes out clean)
Enjoy!!




Heading out for the night for my friends birthday on the upper east side -- I think the rain turned to snow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment