Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Consulting 10

In case you haven't read the "about me" section, I currently work at a consulting firm in New York City.  Before I started, I heard all about the travel, staying in hotels 3-4 nights a week, getting used to having two different homes, yada yada...I also was giving warning regarding [dun dun dunnnn] the Consulting 10. Yes, it's true. Similar to the [not so] urban myth of the Freshman 15, the Consulting 10 is a black hole that mostly newbies fall into.  Buying crappy food at the airport, eating three course meals, and being away from any gym besides the hotels (which is sometimes only open for a few hours) can really take a toll on a girls body!

Not to mention, yesterday, we had Crumbs at work.  Crumbs is a bakery in New York that is pretty famous for it's decadent, delicious, and dangerous cupcakes.  It was a birthday so four cupcakes were purchased...apple crumble, white hot chocolate, death by chocolate and pumpkin.  I have a weakness for pumpkin so it was hard to stay away, but I did! I had one bite of the pumpkin, but I made sure to grab a raisin in there, since that's what makes that flavor so good anyways :)
Here are some before and after [indulgence] photos :


Before: Pumpkin (signature cupcake of the month)

Before: Apple Cobbler


 


The pictures say it all...

Treats at the office are some of the hardest to avoid and is something that I constantly struggle with.  I have found the key is to 1) wear headphones so that I don't hear when there are free cookies in the cafe and 2) try to keep as busy as possible and really think about if I want that food or not. Worst comes to worst, I try to eat the fruit plate instead of the cookie plate if it's available.

Does anyone else struggle with this and what do you do to resist!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment