Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chi-caaaa-go!!

Hey all! I hope you had a great weekend, because I definitely did...I have been in Chicago since Thursday! Every time I go out there I have such a good time and I say to everyone, "I can't wait to move out here".... eventually I think I would like to but for now, I'll just stick to my weekend celebrations in the Windy City. Here's a recap of some seriously fabulous eats that took place :)
A coffee and reading at Newark prior to take off (I've been trying to get through Emma ever since my Jane Austen kick. It's taking a little longer than expected...) 


On to the rest of the weekend! On Friday I left the beautiful Westin River North and headed to Lincoln Park to stay with two of my girlfriends from college. We went out had a great time and caught up, and ended the night with a burger at Five Guys. Have you ever been there?? I haven't had a burger in [I can't remember how long ago]...needless to say this will add to the story later.. We woke up on Saturday and headed to brunch at Ann Sather Cafe. 
Apparently I just had to try the cinnamon buns, and so I did, and they were fabulous.
So warm and gooey! Along with that I got multigrain pancakes with fresh strawberries and a side of turkey sausage. I felt great while eating that..but as the day went on, my stomach got more and more uneasy. I could feel the Five Guys burger just chillin in my stomach and my stomach was NOT happy about it. Long story short, by the end of the night I felt like I had a mini dose of food poisoning or my stomach was just in shock from eating that greasy food again -- it's pretty crazy/incredible how things like that can effect your body! 
Has this ever happened to from eating something terrible and that you're just not used to??
Unfortunately I ended up curling up in a ball and falling asleep super early :( I woke up this morning and felt sooo much better, just a little weak. I'm hoping I regain some strength by tomorrow, but I dont think I will be eating burgers anytime soon! 

I ordered some snacks at O'Hare for my trip back, and the nice man at the Starbucks station gave me some free nuts to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment